This week Carli Communications turns 10!!
Can you believe it?
That’s ten years of transforming lives and getting Caribbean-based CEOs seen, heard, and paid!!
It has truly been an incredible journey thus far, one I could not have done without your support, encouragement, and love. As I reflect, I took some time to think about how far the business has come and what I’ve learned along the way. The list is so extensive that I can’t share every single item, but today allow me to share my top 10 lessons after 10 years of building this business.
- Find your tribe. Surrounding yourself with the right people and by extension the right energy will help your business soar higher much faster.
- Planning is Great, Doing is Better. Pay special attention to what your audience wants and plan your moves strategically but don’t get ‘stuck in strategy’. Imperfect action is better than perfect delay.
- Do it Scared. Confidence comes from repeated action so while you might feel a bit scared, do it anyway.
- Invest in yourself. Investing in yourself is NEVER a bad idea. You are your most valuable asset and in order for your business to grow, you have to as well. So take the program, attend the event, purchase the book, hire the professional!! Invest in you!!
- Show up anyway. Even when you don’t feel like it, show up anyway. You never know who you might meet or the connections you might make. You owe it to yourself and your business to show up.
- Make More Promises and Less Excuses. There’ll always be a reason to not do the things you know you have to do but keep the promises you’ve made to yourself and get going. Your future self will thank you.
- Just Be Yourself. Look at yourself through the eyes of the people you serve and you’d be amazed at how they view you. You’ve changed their lives for the better just by being you. No need to try to be anyone else, you’re perfect as you are.
- Believe in yourself and forget what others may or may not say. For a very long time, I had a hard time dealing with this. I would hide or not say what I mean out of sheer fear of offending someone or being misunderstood. Then one day it dawned on me: I wouldn’t be in the position I am in now if I didn’t know what I was doing. I like to think of myself as the master of my industry and run with that feeling. I’ve learned it’s bad to say nothing and worse to sound like someone else. So, I just get out there and do it and people love me for it.
- Trust your gut. I cannot say how many times I went against my own intuition and got myself in hot water. Now I don’t make a move unless my intuition is in play. It gives me the confidence and the desire to follow through much easier once I feel aligned and at peace with the decision I’ve made.
- Know your worth. People will tell you that you can’t or you shouldn’t. I’ve been repeatedly told to ‘know my place’ but as the saying goes “Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History”. Understand that you belong in the room you’re in and you’re damn good at what you do.
There you have it. Comment below and let me know your thoughts and I have something really great planned to celebrate my ten year anniversary so stay glued to this space for all the details.